Some of the best advice for parents on how to use the best pacifier for breastfed babies
- Let your newborn to decide if he/she want the pacifier or not. Don’t force him/her. You can always try later
- Try not to use pacifier to delay feeding.
- Don’t leave the pacifier with your newborn all the time. Meaning don’t tie the pacifier on his/her crib or back.
- It’s best to give the pacifier to the baby between feedings
- Make sure that pacifier is always clean.
Even this sounds good give your baby pacifier and he/she will calm down right away it is not always the case. That is because breastfed babies often don’t want to try the pacifier. Some moms are afraid to use a bottle with a pacifier because it can interfere with breastfeeding. But it can be very helpful if you do it right. It can help, like we said above, to calm your baby down and to help yourself with your other daily obligations.